Get new skin for the new year. Now that we’re a few weeks into 2021, many of those resolutions you eagerly set last year are starting to falter and fail. Don’t give up yet. If your current resolutions aren’t working, maybe you need to swap them out for something more achievable.
Here are 10 easy and achievable resolutions guaranteed to improve the appearance of your skin this year.
- Use Sunscreen Daily – Stop aging in its tracks with regular sunscreen use. The sun’s damaging UV rays are a primary cause of premature aging. This year commit to daily sunscreen use using a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15. In beautiful, sunny Florida we can’t overstress the importance of sunscreen use.
- Up the Moisture – Dry skin looks dull and wrinkled. Improving your skin’s hydration is a simple step toward improving its appearance. How can you quickly hydrate the skin? Using a high-quality moisturizer each time you cleanse the skin is a good first step.
- Pamper Your Skin with a Facial – When was the last time you came into our medical spa for a facial? Regularly scheduled facials can help improve the skin’s appearance. Our treatments are customizable, allowing you to target your treatment to specific skin concerns like dryness, redness, or breakouts.
- Change Your Sheets – Most people don’t change their sheets often enough. Dirty sheets and pillowcases can lead to breakouts in some patients with problem skin. Commit to changing your sheets (or at the very least your pillowcase) more frequently this year. Changing your sheets once a week is a good starting point.
- Check Your Moles – Here’s an easy resolution to check off your list. If it has been more than a year since your last skin check, schedule an appointment with your dermatologist today. Experts recommend a professional skin examination each year to look for signs of skin cancer.
- Say Goodbye to Unwanted Hair – Skip the shaving this summer with a laser hair removal Since the results of this procedure are long-lasting, many patients can enjoy the results of this resolution for years to come.
- Give a Little Daily Effort – When it comes to skincare, a little bit of daily effort is more effective than a marathon skin session. Resolve to give your skin 10 minutes a day this year and see the dramatic changes.
- Smooth Wrinkles with an Injectable – You’re 10 minutes away from resolution success. Our injectable treatments like Botox or fillers can quickly smooth wrinkles without downtime.
- Upgrade Your Products – Are you still using the same skincare products you used in 1999? Upgrading your products to professional-grade products can dramatically improve your skin. Ask us for a product recommendation.
- Seek Professional Help – Better skin is a resolution you don’t need to do on your own. If you’re having trouble making your resolutions happen, let us help you achieve better results.