First of all, on behalf of our team at Key Med Spa, we want to congratulate you on your first pregnancy. When it comes to pregnancy, especially your first one, regular medical care is essential for a healthy pregnancy. Women from all over Florida choose Dr. George Peterson for their prenatal care, as he serves as a trusted advisor by helping his patients choose healthy lifestyle choices that not only aid them during their time being pregnant but also help them maintain their health after their baby is born.
If you seek guidance in the first trimester of your pregnancy, there is no better choice than Dr. Peterson. To help prepare you for your first pregnancy visit, here are a few ways to get the most out of your visit and maintain a healthy pregnancy.
Tips to Help You Prepare for Your First Prenatal Visit
Prepare a List of Medical Information
Before you arrive for your appointment, you’ll want to ensure that you are well-educated on your own medical history and your partner’s medical history, if possible. This information will be more extensive than the one you provide at regular check-ups, so be sure to know the following details.
- General Medical History: Include any medical issues that you have or have had in your life. Your doctor may classify your pregnancy as high risk if you suffer from health problems, including diabetes, cancer, kidney disease, or high blood pressure.
- Family Medical History: You’ll also want to be well informed on your family’s medical history as your baby could be at high risk for certain genetic disorders.
- Fertility History: List your menstrual history, including if you have regular or irregular periods, a history of cramping or heavy cycles, and any medication you use during your period. Describe any fertility treatments you may have had and their outcomes.
- Dietary Habits: Dr. Peterson is committed to helping his patients maintain a healthy weight throughout their pregnancy. Be sure to include in your medical history your caffeine, alcohol, or nicotine consumption. In addition, Dr. Peterson can help you incorporate healthy eating habits to maintain a healthy weight throughout your pregnancy.
Know What to Expect
The best way to be prepared for your first pregnancy visit is to know what to expect.
Prenatal visits provide an exciting opportunity to see how your baby is growing. Most visits are under 30 minutes, but they vary depending on each patient’s situation. During your visit, Dr. Peterson will ask you to provide a full medical history; he’ll also check your weight and blood pressure and perform any necessary blood tests. Dr. Peterson takes each appointment as an opportunity to build a relationship to help ensure your comfort on the delivery day.
A typical appointment will include the following:
- Monitoring your weight gain and checking your blood pressure
- Measuring your abdomen to determine the baby’s growth
- Checking the baby’s heart rate with an ultrasound or heart rate monitor
- Checking for any signs of swelling
- Providing advice about dietary and lifestyle habits during your pregnancy
- Ordering blood work
- Discussing how you’re feeling, both physically and mentally
- Answering and addressing any questions you might have
Schedule Your Prenatal Visit at Key Med Spa
Prenatal visits provide an exciting opportunity for you to have the first glimpse of your baby and address any questions or concerns you might have. At Key Med Spa, it’s our mission to provide an environment for all expecting mothers to feel safe, seen, and heard by our medical team. We will guide you through what to expect from your pregnancy and remain by your side as you navigate life after pregnancy as a new mother.
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or suspect that you might be pregnant, we invite you to schedule your prenatal appointment with us by calling (305) 293-9555 or contacting us through our online portal today.