“It would take a miracle to fix my skin.” If your skin frustration is leaving you feeling hopeless, we can help. RF microneedling builds collagen in the skin and reverses many age-related complaints like skin thinning, wrinkling, and scarring.
How RF Microneedling Transforms the Skin
RF microneedling combines two powerful aesthetic treatments to create lasting change for your skin. This treatment uses micro-needles to pierce the skin and RF (radiofrequency) technology to deliver healing energy deep under the surface of the skin.
By piercing the skin, the small needles induce a healing response, encouraging the body to quickly produce more collagen. The RF energy delivered under the skin also increases collagen production and boosts tissue remodeling. By combining microneedling with RF energy, this treatment can create a stunning skin transformation that rivals many surgical treatments.
Why We Love RF Microneedling
RF microneedling is one of our favorite options for facial rejuvenation. There are many reasons to love this treatment.
- No Downtime – RF microneedling is minimally invasive. Patients heal quickly and can immediately resume activities like work and household chores. This treatment is ideal for patients that don’t have time to miss work for a surgical recovery.
- Treats Many Skin Concerns – Microneedling is a versatile treatment that can quickly address many skin concerns, including wrinkles, skin tone irregularities, acne scars, sunspots, thinning or crepey skin texture, skin laxity, stretch marks, and scars.
- Long-Lasting Results – By boosting collagen production, this treatment produces results that last for a long time, often months and even years after your initial treatment.
- Avoid Surgery – This treatment is an alternative to more invasive treatments like a facelift.
- Pairs with Other Treatments – Microneedling complements many of the treatments available at our med spa, including Botox and dermal fillers.
What to Expect During and After an RF Microneedling Treatment at Keys Med Spa
Microneedling treatments are performed at our beautiful medical spa located in Key West, FL. If you’re interested in receiving this treatment, contact us to schedule a consultation.
Before your treatment, you’ll meet with an experienced member of our team to talk about RF microneedling and to ensure this treatment is the right choice for you. We’re happy to answer any questions you have.
The skin is cleansed to remove dirt, oil, makeup, and bacteria. A topical numbing cream may be applied for a more comfortable treatment experience. It usually takes several minutes for topical anesthetics to take effect.
When the skin is ready, the microneedling device is carefully placed on the skin. Small needles will systematically pierce the skin while applying RF energy. We use the Morpheus8 RF Microneedling device, one of the best available devices for aesthetic microneedling.
We’ll treat the desired areas of your skin, and when we’re finished, the skin is cleansed, and topical medications or serums may be applied to help your skin heal. The treatment typically takes about 30 minutes.
Minimal care is needed for your skin after microneedling. We encourage our patients to follow their usual skincare regimen. Patients should also limit sun exposure and use sunscreen while healing, as the skin may be temporarily more sensitive to the sun. Patients can resume work and other activities immediately.